Winthrop University: Campus Police - Traffic and Parking - Vehicle Registration
Contact Information
Campus Police
Good Building
526 Myrtle Drive
Rock Hill, SC 29733
803/323-2542 (Fax)

Campus Police

Traffic and Parking

Vehicle Registration

Regular Registration

Regular vehicle registration is for one academic year beginning with the first day of registration for the fall semester and ending with the first day of fall registration the following year.

  • Motor vehicles parked on the campus or any property owned by Winthrop University by Faculty/Staff and Students must be registered with Campus Police.

  • All vehicles parked on the campus or any property owned by Winthrop University must bear either a regular parking permit, a temporary parking permit, or a visitor's permit.

  • Faculty/Staff may register two vehicles for $30.    

  • Permits are required for all faculty, staff, and student employees who work and park at the coliseum, sports fields, and lake areas.

  • Replacement permits are $5 each.

  • The registrant of a vehicle is responsible for parking violations issued to his or her vehicle.

Temporary Registration 

  • Temporary parking permits are available 24/7 from Campus Police.

  • Temporary permits will be valid for three days and upon expiration this permit can be extended if necessary. Three temporary permits in an academic year are permitted before a $1 a week fee is assessed.

  • Temporary registration of vehicles is for Faculty/Staff and Students who have a current permit and will not be able to utilize the vehicle to which their current permit is affixed. 

  • Faculty/Staff and Students will be issued a Temporary parking permit, which matches their regular parking permit and which will allow them to park in the same area(s).

Visitor Registration

  • Current Faculty/Staff and Students are not considered visitors and must have a permit.

  • At no time can current Faculty/Staff and Students park in Visitor parking areas.

  • Visitor parking permits are available 24/7 from Campus Police.

  • Visitors remaining on campus overnight and individuals attending conferences and short courses must obtain visitor parking permits at the conference registration area or with Campus Police.   

  • Visitors to Winthrop University that desire to park on university property must obtain a visitor parking permit for a limited time from Campus Police.

Purple Heart Registration

  • The vehicle must have a Purple Heart license plate issued from the DMV and a current WU permit if affiliated with the university or the vehicle must have a valid WU parking permit and it must contain the special letters of "P" and "H" representing a Purple Heart veteran.

  • In order for the student to obtain the required letters to place on the WU permit, they must see the Director of the Resource Center for Adult Students who will verify their Purple Heart status and then issue the veteran the required letters for placement on the permit.

Last Updated: 7/8/19