Student Services

Student Petition Instructions

IMPORTANT: This petition form is for issues relating to majors and minors offered by the College of Arts and Sciences. This form does NOT cover issues relating to the College of Business and Technology, the College of Education, Sport, and Human Sciences, or the College of Visual and Performing Arts (please contact the specific college). For university issues that do not pertain directly to a particular college, please use the University-Wide Undergraduate Petition process.

  1. Downloand and complete the College of Arts and Sciences Student Petition Form. (600 KB) Consult your faculty advisor and/or department Chair before completing this form.

  2. Carefully fill out the form - there are three sections (Substitution, Apply Here, and Waive). You only need to fill out the section to which your petition applies:
    - A Substitution is replacing a required course in your major or minor with a different course
    - "Apply Here" is applying a relevant course to a particular category in your major or minor that is not approved for that category
    - "Waive" is to waive a requirement completely.

  3. Save and send your completed form to CAS Student Services by e-mail. If you prefer to submit a printed copy, you can bring it to our office:

    CAS Student Services
    106 Kinard Hall
    Winthrop University
    Rock Hill, SC 29733
    Phone 803/323-2183
    Fax 803/323-2347