University College

Student Services

Advising for Undeclared Majors

Whether you are completely unsure of a major or simply trying to decide between two fields of study, you can work toward your educational goals as an undeclared major at Winthrop University.

Experienced advisors in University College will provide assistance with developing your class schedule and discuss with you the wide array of majors and support services available to you. You will be encouraged to talk with faculty members in majors you are considering and to take a course in a possible area of interest. Advisors also will provide help with any of your academic questions, including whether or not you should S/U a class, drop a course or add a class mid-semester.

Undeclared students will take courses to fulfill the General Education Requirements. These requirements are also listed on the Undeclared Degree Checklists (below) which provides a mechanism for you to monitor your progress. Students must declare a major by the time they have completed 45 hours and may do so by completing a Change of Major Form in 108 Dinkins Hall.

Degree Checklists

Undeclared Major

Academic Colleges
     College of Arts and Sciences
     College of Business and Technology
     College of Education, Sport, and Human Sciences
     College of Visual & Performing Arts