March 23 - 25, 2016
Dr. Chris Van Aller - Faculty Advisor
Kayla Davis - Program Assistant
April 13, 2015
We are pleased to announce the 40th annual Winthrop University Model United Nations conference will be taking place March 23 - 25, 2016! Please mark your calendars and let us know if you have any questions!
April 7, 2015
Delegation photos are now available! To view, click Conferences > Delegates Photo Gallery on the left-hand menu.
March 31, 2015
From all of us at WUMUN, thank you for your participation in this year's conference! We'd like to congratulate every advisor, observer, and delegate for their hard work, as well as our wonderful award winners:
- Nation Ford High School, winner of our Winthrop Cup
- Lexington High School, winner of our Secretariat Award
- Pinewood Preparatory School, winner of our Geoffrey Bruce Award
- David W. Butler High School, winner of our Rookie Award
- Pinewood Preparatory School, winner of our Best Resolution Award
- China (Nation Ford), Israel (Bishop England), and the UK (Fort Mill), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our Legal Committee
- The UK (Fort Mill), Turkey (Pinewood Prep), and Angola (Fort Mill), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our Social and Humanitarian Committee
- Iran (SC Governor's School), Ukraine (Nation Ford), and China (Nation Ford), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our Political and Security Committee
- Ethiopia (Pinewood Prep), Mozambique (Indian Land), and Nigeria (South Pointe), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our African Union
- Turkey (Pinewood Prep), China (Nation Ford), and Angola (Fort Mill), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our Security Council
- China (Nation Ford), Iran (SC Governor's School), and Turkey (Pinewood Prep), who won Distinguished Delegate Awards in our General Assembly.
We look forward to seeing you all again next year!
March 10, 2015
We appreciate the advisors allowing our PLSC 260 collegiate delegates to assist their respective high school delegations with conference preparation - our Winthrop delegates have worked hard all semester to be the best mentor to your students as possible - sometimes juggling more than one delegation at a time. These delegates are here to assist you and your students and make the conference as pleasant and rewarding as possible. If you have any questions about the role of the college delegates in the conference please do not hesitate to contact us. Thank you!
March 4, 2015
WUMUN XXXIX is nearly here! Please continue to send in your delegate information forms, advisor responsibility forms, and delegate housing forms, all found by going to the left-hand menu, Conferences > Advisors. Please let us know if you have any questions as we get closer to the conference - we look forward to seeing you soon!
February 24, 1015
Below are the final resolutions for the Legal, Political and Security, and Social and Humanitarian committees. We greatly enjoyed getting to see everyone's hard work - please let us know if you have any questions!
Legal Resolutions 2015 (pdf - 162 KB).
Political and Security Resolutions 2015 (pdf - 77 KB).
Social and Humanitarian Resolutions 2015 (pdf - 81 KB).
February 2, 2015
WUMUN is proud to announce discounted rates at the following hotels during our conference; simply mention you are with Winthrop University to take advantage of these deals!
Microtel Inn and Suites, 803-817-7700
Hilton Garden Inn, 803-325-2800
Country Inn and Suites, 803-517-3533
January 21, 2015
Friday, February 13th is the deadline for all resolution submissions. Please see sample resolutions on our Committee page (Conferences > Committees), and let us know if you have any questions.
Additionally, although all country assignments are currently filled, a delegation waitlist is available. If you are interested in more country assignments, please contact us about being placed on this list.
December 8, 2014
Second country assignments have been assigned and e-mailed to the advisors; please start having your students fill out the conference fee information form. From all of us at the Winthrop MUN staff, enjoy your holiday break!
September 23, 2014
The Advisor Letters and Forms for the 2015 Winthrop University Model United Nations Conference are being mailed this week! Please feel free to contact our staff should you have any questions or concerns! We look forward to seeing you all in March 2015!
September 22, 2014
Please check the website for updated forms for the 2015 Winthrop University Model United Nations Conference.
June 5, 2014
The Winthrop University Model United Nations program is pleased to announce that next year's conference will take place March 25-27, 2015.
April 8, 2014
Thank you all for a wonderful Model UN Conference!
Congratulations to our award winners:
The Winthrop Cup -- Fort Mill High School
The Geoffrey Bruce Award -- Nation Ford High School
The Rookie Award -- Academic Magnet High School
Legal Committee Awards -- Rock Hill High School (Turkey) and Fort Mill High School (USA)
Social and Humanitarian Committee Awards -- AC Flora High School (Hungary) and Pinewood Prep (Mali)
Political and Security Committee Awards -- Pinewood Prep (Algeria) and Nation Ford (Pakistan)
Special Committee Awards -- Governor's School for Science and Math (Peru) and Fort Mill High School (Mozambique)
Security Council Awards -- Fort Mill High School (South Korea) and Nation Ford High School (Pakistan)