Second Undergraduate Degree Applicants

Students who have earned a 4-year undergraduate degree and who wish to earn another undergraduate degree are classified as second baccalaureate applicants. Note that this classification is reserved for students who wish to seek an undergraduate degree. Students who wish to take undergraduate courses but do not plan to pursue a degree will be classified as undergraduate non-degree applicants.

Application process for applicants who have earned a degree from Winthrop University

The following documents are required to complete the application:

  1. $50 application fee
  2. official transcripts of undergraduate work completed after leaving Winthrop (if applicable)

Application process for applicants who did not earn a degree from Winthrop University

  1. application for admission  
  2. $50 application fee
  3. official transcripts of all undergraduate work must be sent to Winthrop University from the college/university where the courses were completed.

Registration and Advisement

All students must meet with an advisor prior to registering for classes. Complete information on the registration process is enclosed with the offer of admission.

Additional notes:

  1. Former Winthrop students who wish to add a concentration to their Winthrop degree are classified as undergraduate non-degree students. They must contact the office of student services in the applicable college at Winthrop and request a contract which will outline the courses needed to add a concentration to a degree that has been conferred.
  2. Students who need to complete undergraduate courses prior to acceptance into a graduate program at Winthrop should initiate the process with Graduate Studies.

Please contact our office for additional information by e-mail: or telephone: 803/323-2191 or 800-WINTHROP (946-8476).

Adobe Reader  Download Adobe Reader