Transient Applicants Admission Requirements

Graduate students at other regionally accredited institutions wishing to enroll in a graduate course at Winthrop for transfer back to their home institutions are assigned transient graduate non-degree (GN) status. These students are admitted if they are eligible to continue as graduate students in good standing in their home institutions and on the written approval of the graduate dean of those institutions.

  1. Application: Transient applicants must submit a graduate transient application and the appropriate non-refundable application fee to Graduate Studies, Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC 29733.
  2. All applicants who claim South Carolina residency for tuition and fee purposes are required to complete a residency form located in the application.  Additional information may be requested if further clarification is needed.
  3. The Statement of Authorization: The statement of authorization from the applicant's home institution must be completed on the graduate transient application form.

Transient graduate students may enroll only in those courses for which they have received approval from the dean of the college or school at Winthrop offering the course(s). Students will be responsible for presenting documentation that course prerequisites have been met.

Transient graduate students cannot be changed to regular status without meeting regular admission requirements through Graduate Studies.