Non-Degree Admission Requirements


First, be sure to review the application deadlines.

Submit the following:

1. Online application with non-refundable $50 application fee.

2. Official transcript indicating completion of a baccalaureate degree*, or a copy of a South Carolina Class III Teaching Certificate or its equivalent from another state.  

Transcripts must be sent from the issuing institutions to: or Winthrop University Graduate Studies, 211 Tillman Hall, Rock Hill, SC 29733.

*Degrees or coursework completed at an institution that does not hold accreditation from the commission on colleges of a regional accreditation agency will be evaluated on an individual basis.

Note: Students who are admitted as non-degree are not eligible for financial aid, graduate assistantships or scholarships.

Admission as a graduate non-degree student in no way guarantees subsequent admission into a graduate degree program.

Students classified as graduate non-degree who later elect to pursue a degree program must have their credentials evaluated for admission to the program.


Courses taken while a student is classified as graduate non-degree may not be applied toward a degree program in the College of Business Administration.

The College of Business and Technology restricts this category to transient students enrolled in other graduate programs, to students holding graduate business degrees and to students taking courses to satisfy professional obligations such as teacher certification requirements.  


Graduate non-degree students who are seeking admission to a graduate degree program may take no more than 12 semester hours of graduate credit at Winthrop prior to being admitted to a graduate degree program. Should the student subsequently be admitted to a degree program, a maximum of 12 semester hours of graduate non-degree credit may be applied toward the degree.
Applicants who claim South Carolina residency for tuition and fee purposes are required to complete a residency form, and additional information may be requested if further clarification is needed.