Faculty resources


Administrative Information



  • Full-time faculty should submit annual reports using Faculty 180 accessible through Wingspan on May 15 every year.
  • Adjunct (part-time) faculty should also submit annual reports.
    • If an adjunct teaches one semester a year, their annual report is due at the end of the semester they teach.
    • If an adjunct teaches both Fall and Spring semesters, the adjunct faculty member can submit one annual report at the end of the academic year (by June 1).
    • Adjunct faculty should submit annual reports using Faculty 180 accessible through Wingspan. 



    Absence - Faculty: Request for Absence from Duties form

    Absence - Staff & Chairs: Advance Request for Annual Leave

    Chair's Evaluation of Adjunct Faculty

    Class & Office Schedule Form

    CVPA Student Incident Report Form

    Faculty Promotion Request Form - use Google Chrome for editable PDF

    Incomplete Grade Form - use Google Chrome for editable PDF

    Low Enrollment Action Form 

    Request for Approval of Consulting or Outside Employment Form (more info - WU policy)

    Sabbatical Application - use Google Chrome for editable PDF

    • Cultural Events: Performances and exhibitions sponsored by the College of Visual and Performing Arts and its various units are automatically approved for cultural event status by Lauren Grad, through the Office of Communications. If you would like to submit your event for cultural credit, please fill out the application below. 

    CVPA Cultural Event Application

    • If you would like to submit a request for event publicity, and/or the design and creation of flyers, graphics, or marketing materials for your event, please fill out the Event Publicity Request form below. 

    Event Publicity Request 


    1. All CVPA events are eligible for cultural event credit, except for gallery exhibitions or receptions. There must be a concrete beginning and end time as well as a learning element (speaker, etc.) for an event to be accepted.
    2. The following types events are typically NOT approved by the Dean's Office:
      1. Art galas
      2. Gallery opening ceremonies
      3. Award ceremonies
      4. Events by off-campus organizations (requires a regular Cultural Event application)
      5. Private events or events closed off to non-CVPA students (per University policy, Cultural Events must be open to all students)
      6. DEI lectures + discussions (requires a regular Cultural Event application)




      WU Promotion Policy
      Request for Promotion Form - use Google Chrome for editable PDF



    •Advising for Fall 2024 begins March 20, 2024

    •Registration for Fall 2024 begins April 3, 2024

    •Faculty advisors will contact their advisees to schedule individual advising sessions.

    University-wide Undergraduate Petition Process

    University Petition Form — to appeal for variations in general education requirements and other university-wide academic regulations

    University Blanket Substitution Form

    Individual Substitution Form


    CVPA Student Incident Report Form

    Schedule Change Form - Add/Drop courses or change to S/U Basis

    Student Complaint Form - College/Department-Level Academic Complaints

    Approval to Transfer Credit Form - This form should be filled out by current Winthrop University College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA) majors who plan to transfer credit to Winthrop from another institution; turned in to the CVPA Student Services Office in 124 McLaurin Hall; and completed before you take a course at another institution, to ensure the course will transfer.


    •More forms are available on the Records & Registration website.

      Location: 107 Dinkins Hall
      The AITC is a computer lab for testing in online classes or for classes needing a computer lab for occasional use. Any instructor wishing to use the lab for testing purposes must provide the test monitor. This lab is not staffed by a University College employee. Please contact the University College Dean's office to schedule use of the lab by calling 803/323-3900.

      Academic Success Center

      Phone: 803/323-3929
      Location: 106 Dinkins Hall
      Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
      The Center offers tutoring, online learning assessments, and other forms of academic support.  

      Phone: 803/323-2465
      Location: 124 McLaurin Hall
      Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
      The office provides a variety of academic support services, including clarifying questions about degree requirements, assisting students with the change of major process, and evaluating transfer credit from other institutions.  

      Center for Career Development and Internships

      Phone: 803/323-2141
      Location: 114 Crawford Building
      Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
      Career Development, Service Learning, and Volunteer and Community Service programs are housed in the Center.

      Center for Student Wellness

      Phone: 803/323-2206
      Location: 2nd floor of Crawford Building
      Hours: Posted on the center's web page
      The center provides individual and group counseling at no charge.

      Math Tutorial Center

      Phone: 803/323-2175
      Location: 271 Bancroft Hall
      Hours: Posted on the door
      The Math Tutorial Center (MTC) is open to students in the following MATH courses: MATH 101, MATH 104, MATH 105, MATH 150, MATH 151, MATH 201, and MATH 291. No appointment is needed.

      Office of Accessibility

      Phone: 803/323-3290
      Location: McFeat House
      Hours: Posted on the office's web page
      The Office of Accessibility assists students with all types of disabilities, including mobility, hearing and visual impairments, learning disabilities, ADHD, and chronic medical illnesses. The OA Test Center offers secure testing for students with testing accommodations. Information regarding the MAT is also available.

      Writing Center

      Phone: 803/323-2138
      Location: 242 Bancroft Hall
      Hours: Posted on the door of 242 Bancroft and on the Writing Center website 
      The Center offers assistance to students needing help with writing.  





Log in to your Faculty Eagle E-mail HERE