Academic Action Plans

Academic Action Plans (AAPs) are required for federal Financial Aid purposes for students who have not made satisfactory academic progress (SAP) at the University. An AAP outlines both required and recommended actions students must take including a minimum GPA and a minimum course completion rate.

To request an Academic Action Plan, please:

  • Register for classes (required)
  • Submit the AAP request form online (required)
    • Please note: When you submit the form, you must be logged in with your Winthrop credentials.

If you have any questions, please contact the Academic Succes Center at 803/323-3929 or