Faculty & Staff Resources

Fulbright & Other Opportunities

Opportunities for faculty to get overseas can be found both here and by checking with the Office of Nationally Competitive Awards (ONCA) Fulbright publications can be found at both ONCA and at the International Center.

Fulbright There are several useful sites that will provide information regarding the various Fulbright programs.  Fulbright is administered in some cases through the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs which should be your beginning source for information on Fulbright opportunities.

Which Fulbright Grant Is Right For Me? 

Fulbright grant categories and programs are listed below.  Potential applicants should consult individual country pages for program availability and contact information.
The International Fulbright Science and Technology Award is a new, internationally competed award for doctoral study at leading U.S. institutions in science, technology, and engineering.

The Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program sends American scholars abroad to lecture and/or conduct research for up to a year.

The Fulbright Specialists Program sends U.S. faculty and professionals to serve as expert consultants on curriculum, faculty development, institutional planning, and related subjects at overseas academic institutions for a period of 2 to 6 weeks.

The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program and Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence Program bring foreign scholars to lecture and/or conduct post-doctoral research for up to a year at U.S. colleges and universities.

The Fulbright Teacher Exchange Program supports one-to-one exchanges of teachers from K-12 schools and a small number of post-secondary institutions.

The Hubert H. Humphrey Program brings outstanding mid-career professionals from the developing world and societies in transition to the United States for one year. Fellows participate in a non-degree program of academic study and gain professional experience. You can also visit the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for information on this Fulbright opportunity.

If you have any questions on Fulbrights or other program opportunities contact the International Center or the ONCA Program at Winthrop University.