Dual Enrollment Resources

Academic and Student Support Services

Winthrop is committed to providing you with a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. We encourage you to take advantage of all the support services provided here on campus — you'll be glad you did!

Have a question? Contact an office! Campus offices are typically open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Not sure who to call? Contact our Pre-College Programs Office at 803/323-4890 and we'll get you connected. 

Academic Support Services

Placement Tests

Math Placement Exam (MPE)

  • Students registering for MATH
  • 111, MATH 112, MATH 141, MATH 150 do not need to take the Math Placement Exam. 
  • All students who want to register for MATH 101, MATH 105, MATH 151, or MATH 201 must take the MPE or meet the prerequisite requirements through coursework.
  •  Students can register for the Math Placement Exam by carefully following the instructions at the following link

Language Placement Exam (LPE)

  • The World Languages and Cultures Placement Exam is used to determine what course level students should take for their first language course at Winthrop in French, German, or Spanish.
  • How to take the exam: Students can take the exam at any time by carefully following the instructions at the following link. Winthrop University uses WebCAPE (Computer Adaptive Placement Exam). The test is given online and is adaptive, meaning that it is different for every person who takes it. It is designed to get easier if you are doing poorly, and harder if you are doing well. The test is multiple-choice, and typically takes 10-20 minutes.
  • Test Results: Placement exam results are available to students immediately after finishing the exam, and students' advisors will have access to their placement scores as well prior to registration during orientation. Depending on your score, you will be advised to enroll in the 101, 102, or higher level of the language course that you plan to take. 

Student Support Services:

Requesting a Transcript

  • A permanent record of each student’s courses, credits and grades earned is maintained in the Office of Records and Registration. Students can request a transcript by following instructions at this link