Visiting Student Information

Welcome to Winthrop University's Summer Session! Visiting (also known as "transient") students are those who are pursuing a degree at another college or university and want to take summer classes at Winthrop to transfer back to their home institution.

Getting Started

Before registering for summer session classes, you must submit an application for transient admission.

Undergraduate Students:

  • Visit and create a new account or logon to an existing account. Select Start New Application, then select Create Application, then select Open Application. In the Academic Plans section, select Transient/Visiting in the Admit Type drop-down box.
  • If the Winthrop course you want to take requires a pre-requisite, an official copy of your transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions. 
  • Submit Winthrop's Undergraduate transient permission form or a copy of the permission form from your current college/university.
  • For questions about the undergraduate admissions process, call 803/323-2191.

Graduate Students:

Signing Up for Classes

Upon notification that you have been admitted as a transient student you may register for classes:

  1. View course offerings
  2. Read registration procedures

Before Class Begins - Orientation

This online orientation will help you get familiar with Winthrop University. Welcome to Winthrop and enjoy your summer session!  

Academic Computing

The Winthrop University Bookstore

Campus Map

Dacus Library

Directions to Winthrop

Faculty Directory

Fee Payment Information

Office of Financial Aid

Center for Student Wellness

International Student Information

Student IDs

Traffic and Parking Regulations

Winthrop University Transcript Request Form (PDF, includes instructions)

Winthrop University Student Handbook