Winthrop University Masthead
Search the site or search for people
Virtual Tour
Landmarks Tour header photo
Winthrop Fountain - 1912
Fountain photo 1
1 of 6
left arrow
Fountain photo 2 - at nightFountain photo 3 - closeupFountain photo 1
The current fountain in front of Tillman Hall was constructed in 1912 most likely by local contractors. It replaced an earlier version that was removed and placed in the President’s House yard. It remains a popular symbol of Winthrop, as the surrounding benches and shade trees attract students seeking a quiet respite in the heart of the campus.
Printable Campus MapCampus MapDirections to CampusAttend a GamePublic Art TraditionWinthrop Webcams
Winthrop Home Page