Military, Adult, and Transfer Services
Welcome to Winthrop University! Every student's path to Winthrop is unique, and we're glad you found your way to our campus.
The Military, Adult, and Transfer Services (MATS) office, formerly known as the Resource Center for Adult Students, serves military, adult, and transfer students throughout their Winthrop career.
Our staff is available to provide:
- Personalized one-on-one consultations related to academic planning and skills, personal concerns, and campus involvement.
- Referrals to on- and off-campus resources.
- Current undergraduate mentor who are available to answer questions.
- Seminars, workshops, and events tailored to your unique needs as a military, adult, and/or transfer student.
- Support of student organizations for military, adult, and transfer students.
Our staff is available to meet with you! For assistance, please contact us directly, or use one of our request forms below.
Get Connected with MATS
Are you a Winthrop student interested in receiving information for Students with Families or from the Non-Traditional Adult Student Association or the Student Veterans of Winthrop Association? Submit a mailing list request form!
Mentoring & Consultations
Have questions about your Winthrop experience? Need some guidance about majors, understanding your degree requirements, or how to get involved on campus? Request a consultation with a MATS staff member.
Curious about how things work at Winthrop? Want to chat with someone who has been in your shoes as a transfer and/or post-traditional student? Request to meet with one of our Transfer Orientation Leader and Mentors.