Welcome to fraternity and sorority life at Winthrop University. The fraternities and sororities are an established tradition, dating back more than 30 years on Winthrop’s campus. There are currently 15 national Greek-letter men’s and women’s organizations.
The self-governing, self-supporting bodies of the fraternities and sororities are the College Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, and the National Pan-Hellenic Council. These organizations coordinate events, provide educational programs, establish community wide regulations and implement policies for their member organizations.
We encourage you to explore our website in order to gain more information about our councils, chapters, and opportunities to become a member of our community.
2015-2016 Important Recruitment/Intake Events
Students must have 12 credit hours and a 2.5 GPA in order to join.
- CPC Sorority Formal Recruitment Registration now open through January 14, 2016
- CPC Sorority Recruitment Orientation - January 14th 9 p.m. Dina's Place (Required for everyone registered for formal recruitment.)
- CPC Sorority Formal Recruitment - January 15-17th
- IFC Fraternity 101 - January 17th 1:30 p.m. Owens G01
- NPHC Unwritten Rules - January 20, 2016 9 p.m. Richardson Ballroom (Anyone interested in joining a NPHC organization MUST attend the semester they are planning to join. Please bring Winthrop ID.)
For an updated list of chapter related recruitment events and interest meetings, please visit the calendar.