Learning Excellent Academic Practices (LEAP) Program
About the Program
LEAP is an academic support program designed to identify, support, and evaluate students before and during their first year at Winthrop University. The components of the program are based on national best practices and Winthrop’s own successful history of academic support programs.
LEAP students are expected to work harder – to achieve more!
- LEAP has a limited number of spaces.
- Participation in LEAP is open to any first year student if there are additional spaces available.
- There is a program fee of $450 to help defray the costs of the program. This fee does not cover the full cost of the program to the University.
- Candidates who do not meet Winthrop University’s standards for full admission may be offered provisional admission. A requirement of provisional admission is successful participation in LEAP.
- Other candidates for LEAP may be recommended by Winthrop’s Associate Vice President for Admissions Operations in consultation with the LEAP Director.