Course registration at Winthrop is completely web based. To register you should have your DegreeWorks Planner or Advisement Worksheet filled out with the appropriate courses.
- From the Wingspan homepage (https://wingspan.winthrop.edu), enter your username and password (same as Winthrop email account).
- Click on the "Login" button.
- Once you've logged in to Wingspan portal, click on the Student tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Class Lookup.
- Select the appropriate term and click Submit.
- Choose the subject or subjects you wish to register for. By holding down the Shift key, you can choose to search for more than one subject.
- Click on Class Search.
- Once you have found the course or courses you wish to register for, click on the box to the far left of the course and click Register.
- To add classes which are co-requisites of each other (must be taken at the same time), use the add to worksheet feature before you submit changes.
- To search for a part-of-term course (first half of the semester, second half of the semster, etc.), select all course subjects then select the part-of-term you're looking for. Click Class Search.
- The quickest way to register is to search for all your courses at once, click on the box by each course you want, and click Register.
- Clicking on the CRN (call number, or course reference number) gives more information on the class including pre-requisites, co-requisites and course restrictions.
- If SR appears by the courses you have looked up, this means that you cannot register at this time. (It's not your time assignment, you have a registration hold, or your advising has not been confirmed.)
Review Your Schedule
- Click on Return to Main Menu in the upper left portion of the page after you've registered.
- Several versions of the student schedule will be listed:
- The Concise Student Schedule is a condensed version that has each course and its information on one line.
- The Detailed Schedule gives more information on multiple lines.
- The Week at a Glance version shows each separate week of classes. The first week of classes in the fall will not show Monday classes because classes begin a Tuesday (in the fall semeser). Clicking on the course gives more detail.
For additional information refer to Frequently Asked Questions.