An example of the Classical Revival style of architecture, Stewart House was built in 1895 by Captain W.H. Stewart of Rock Hill. Stewart moved into the new home soon after he donated his prior residence, now the President's House, as part of the city's bid to move Winthrop to Rock Hill. The university purchased the home from Stewart in 1912 for $10,000. Known in those days as the Home Management House, the structure was used by seniors to practice the details of housekeeping, including purchasing, cooking, serving, cleaning, accounting, and caring for the home. The building has been home to the Alumni Association, the International Center, and Winthrop's Admissions Office and Visitors Center. Winthrop currently leases the facility to the S.C. Center for Educator Recruitment, Retention and Advancement.