Kinard Hall was named for Dr. James Pinckney Kinard, who served
as Winthrop's president from 1928-34, following David Bancroft Johnson's death.
Home of the College of Arts and Sciences, it is the most
elaborately detailed of the Neo-Georgian-style buildings on campus. Damaged by
fire in 1986, Kinard was restored and rededicated in 1988, at which time a
portrait of Dr. Kinard was presented to Winthrop by James Pinckney Kinard