ID Photo Requirements
INSTRUCTIONAL GUIDE: SUBMITTING A PHOTO FOR YOUR WINTHROP ID CARD
Winthrop University’s Technology Services Office now allows incoming freshmen and current students to submit a photo for his/her student Identification Card (ID Card).
All photos must be emailed to the Technology Services Office (TSO) for approval. A student who does not submit a photo, or whose photo is not approved will have the ability to re-submit a different photo, or may contact the User Support Help Desk at 803-323-2400 for further explanation. An email will be sent confirming or denying each submission. All submitted photos must meet the photo guidelines below.
SUBMITTING PHOTO GUIDELINES
To submit a photo, send an email from your computer, cell phone, or mobile device with the following information:
- Email MUST be sent from your student email account to email@example.com
- Subject: Your Full Name and Campus-Wide ID number (CWID)
Example: John Doe W10122101
(Find your CWID on Wingspan. It is the 8-digit number located in the top-right corner of the Student Records Menu that starts with the letter W.)
- Body: Repeat your Full Name and CWID
- Attachment: Attach your photo (file name is irrelevant)
Note: photo format must be .jpg or .jpeg and must be at least 300px x 300px in size - approximately 3cm x 3cm (iPhone 4s default photo dimensions: 3264px x 2448px)
- Unaltered/unedited picture taken recently
- A “headshot” (similar to a passport or driver’s license photo)
- Smiling or neutral facial expression with both eyes open
- Full-color; no photo filters or color changes made to photo
- Full-face view directly facing the camera
- Solid-colored, light, plain backdrop (not white or dark)
- Individual photo with no other people/things/animals
Use sound judgment when submitting the photo. Ask yourself, “would this be an acceptable photo for a passport or driver’s license?”
-Prescription glasses, a hearing device, or similar articles are acceptable if they do not obstruct the full-face view.
- Wear clothing worn on daily basis
- NO hats or head coverings that obscure hair or hairline unless worn for documented religious or medical purposes
- NO headphones, wireless headsets, electronic gadgets, phones or similar devices
- NO eyeglasses with dark or tinted lenses
-Photos taken with eyeglasses cannot show glare. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses, by removing the glasses or by turning off the camera flash.
PICKING UP ID CARD
If approved, you will receive a confirmation email that the ID card is ready for pickup.
INCOMING FRESHMEN: ID Cards will be distributed at Freshman Orientation check-in.
CURRENT STUDENTS: ID Cards can be picked up in Tillman Hall 15.