Newly Admitted Students
The Department of Residence Life has upgraded the newly admitted students application process. You can now apply for housing directly on Wingspan.
- Go to www.winthrop.edu and then click on the Wingspan link on top right of your screen.
- Login to Wingspan using your Winthrop username and password. (If you do not have a Winthrop username and password yet, go to www.winthrop.edu/mychecklist to create a computer account.).
- Once logged in, click on Eaglesnest Housing under the Student Tools section.
- Click on "New Student Housing Application and Residence Hall Contract" under the Newly Admitted Students section.
- Complete all sections of the application and digitally sign the Residence Hall Contract/Lease.
Please download and read the updated "Eaglesnest Online Housing Application and Residence Hall Contract/Lease Instruction Sheet (pdf - 27 KB)"
CURRENT RESIDENT STUDENTS ONLY: Eaglesnest Room Selection
Welcome to the Eaglesnest Online Room Selection process. This easy to use online system will help you sign up for your housing and meal plans for the 2015-16 academic year. An email will be sent to all resident students (except those who signed a contract for Courtyard and Roddey) by February 12th with general instructions and individual start times for (Rising Sophomore) Suite Fill-All. To make the process go smoother, the Department of Residence Life staff will be available in the Phelps Computer Lab to assist you with Suite Fill-All and General Room Selection on February 24th, 27th, March 3rd, 5th, 24th and 26th. Please refer to the Phelps Computer Lab Assistance Schedule below for specific times.
Detailed Eaglesnest instructions have been updated for Eaglesnest Instructions for Application & Room Selection (pdf - 5.8MB)
Please scroll down to view the Eaglesnest room selection schedule, contact information, computer lab assistance schedule and helpful resources.
(Room Selection for Lee Wicker, Margaret Nance, Richardson, Phelps, Thomson and Wofford)
Phase One: Housing Application, Establish Individual PIN, List Roommate Preferences, Select Meal Plan, Sign Contract
All Current Residents Selecting a Room
- Begins Friday, February 13
YOU MUST COMPLETE PHASE ONE IN ORDER TO SELECT A ROOM IN PHASE TWO. It is highly recommended that you complete Phase One by February 18th. Do not wait until the day you select a room to complete Phase One.
Phase Two: Select a Room
(Current, 2nd, and 3rd semester students plus Winthrop Fellows scholarship recipients and full-scholarship athletes)
- Thursday, February 19th: Residents who want to stay in their same room next year.
- Tuesday, February 24th: Suite Fill-All MEN - ONLY for groups of 4 that can fill a suite in Lee Wicker, Thomson, or Phelps. Ends at midnight.*
- Thursday, February 26th: Suite Fill-All WOMEN - ONLY for groups of 4 that can fill a suite in Lee Wicker, Thomson, or Phelps. Ends at midnight.*
- Tuesday, March 3th: General Room Selection - Men Only. Select any available room for next year. Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 4th: General Room Selection for Men closes at 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5th: General Room Selection - Women Only. Select any available room for next year. Starts at 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, March 6th: General Room Selection for Women closes at 6:00 p.m.
* Designated individual start time will be indicated in the email residents receive by February 12th. The time shown is the earliest a student can log into Eaglesnest. The assigned times were randomly generated by computer.
Rising Juniors and Seniors
(Those currently beyond their 3rd semester at Winthrop)
- Tuesday, March 24th: Suite Fill-All - ONLY for groups of 4 that can fill a suite in Lee Wicker, Thomson, or Phelps.
- Women at 11:00 a.m. Men at 11:30 a.m. Ends at midnight.
- Thursday, March 26th: General Room Selection - Select any available room for next year.
- Women at 11:00 a.m. Men at 11:30 a.m. Ends March 27th at 6:00 pm.
Eaglesnest Phelps Computer Lab Assistance Hours
Please join us in the lab during the dates and times listed below for help during your room selection time.
- Tuesday, February 24th: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. (Rising Sophomore - Suite Fill-All for Men)
- Thursday, February 26th: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. (Rising Sophomore - Suite Fill-All for Women)
- Tuesday, March 3rd: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Rising Sophomore - General Room Selection for Men)
- Tuesday, March 5th: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Rising Sophomore - General Room Selection for Women)
Contact Us With Questions
- Call us 803/323-2223 (Available day and night starting Feb. 13th)
- Send us an email