Resource Center for Adult Students
Welcome to Winthrop University! Every student's path to Winthrop is unique, and we're glad you found your way to our campus.
Apply to be an Adult Student Mentor/Transfer Orientation Leader
The Resource Center for Adult Students is now accepting applications for Adult Student Mentor/Transfer Orientation Leaders for 2016. Applications are available to pick up in 108 Dinkins and due by October 15, 2015 for priority consideration. Adult Student Mentors/Transfer Orientation Leaders participate in all Transfer Orientation sessions, host programs during the academic year, and serve as a mentor for transfer, veteran, and post-traditional students. Please contact our office to learn more about this great opportunity!
Fall 2015 Semester Events
The Resource Center for Adult Students has a great line-up of events planned for the Fall semester!
Meals Made Simple Series
Join us for a great series of events focused on making meal planning and prep simple!
- Harness the Power of Your Crock-Pot: Monday, October 12, 2015 at 3:30 p.m. in Dinkins Auditorium
- Couponing 101: Monday, November 16, 2015 at 3:30 p.m. in Dinkins Auditorium
Space in these workshops are limited. Please register in advance. Information on registration can be found on our Workshops page.
Conversations Over Coffee
Meet other students and learn a bit more about what Winthrop has to offer while enjoying a cup of coffee and snacks! All sessions will be held in Dinkins Auditorium.
- Wednesday, October 7 at 8 - 10 a.m. - with Undergraduate Research, Honors Program, ONCA and McNair Scholars
- Tuesday, October 13 at 5 - 7 p.m. - with Assistant Dean of Students Miranda Knight
- Wednesday, November 4 at 8 - 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, November 17 at 5 - 7 p.m. - with the Graduate School
- Wednesday, December 2 at 8 - 10 a.m. - with Dr. Sankofa to discuss stress management
Get Connected with RCAS
Are you a Winthrop student interested in receiving information for Students with Families or from the Non-Traditional Adult Student Association or the Student Veterans of Winthrop Association? Submit a mailing list request form!
Mentoring & Consultations
Have questions about your Winthrop experience? Need some guidance about majors, understanding your degree requirements, or how to get involved on campus? Request a consultation with a RCAS staff member.
Curious about how things work at Winthrop? Want to chat with someone who has been in your shoes as a transfer and/or post-traditional student? Request to meet with one of our Adult Student Mentors.