LiveSafe was designed as a simple, yet powerful app that works on your Apple or Android smartphone and which allows a user to report crimes or submit tips directly to the Winthrop University Police Department. With LiveSafe, reporting crimes and submitting tips has never been easier. LiveSafe empowers citizens, visitors, or members of Winthrop University with the tools they need to help build a safer campus community.
LiveSafe includes several features that assist in helping keep the campus and surrounding area of Winthrop University safe and secure, such as:
- Report Incidents: Allows users to report crimes or other emergencies including Accident, Assault/Abuse, Disturbance, Drugs/Alcohol, Harassment, Mental Health, Suspicious Activity, Theft, Vandalism, and Other, quickly, discretely, and efficiently. This provides the Winthrop University Police Department with timely, clearer information directly from the scene of a crime or situation. LiveSafe assists the campus community by enabling them with a simple user experience to make reporting crime easy and effective. The app also has the ability to capture and attach GPS embedded image, video, audio, and crime tip descriptions. LiveSafe also allow for Anonymous Reporting and open text chatting directly with the Winthrop University Police Department.
- Includes other features such as an Emergency Map, Important Numbers, Clery Act Information, and Parking Enforcement Information.
- SafeWalk: Allows users to share their location as they walk with family and friends or contact police, with GPS embedded coordinates, in an emergency.
- Alert Notification: Allows the Winthrop University Police Department to send timely, warning emergency notifications straight to the user's smartphone, alerting them of an emergency situation on or surrounding the campus of Winthrop University.
Begin Helping To Build A Safer Campus Community
Reporting crimes or other emergencies to the Winthrop University Police Department has never been easier. With a few simple clicks, users can now submit GPS embedded crime tips that can include text, photo, video, and audio of crimes and emergencies. To begin helping build a safer campus community, follow the instructions below:
- Download LiveSafe from the iTunes or Android Marketplace.
- Once installed, completely fill out the user information page.
- Select "Winthrop University" as your school.
- If you witness a crime or other emergency, open the LiveSafe app, simply click on the Report Incident icon, click on the corresponding category, enter the description, and include photo, video, or audio recording evidence of the scene. When finished, press "Send Tip" and the information is on its way to the Winthrop University Police Department.
Submit Tips or Other Information Online
Citizens, visitors, or members of Winthrop University who do not have an Apple or Android smartphone can still report a crime or submit tips by completing the Online Reporting Form. The submitted information will be forwarded to the Winthrop University Police Department for review and further investigation.