Request HCS Records
Privacy Practices (pdf - 61.38 KB)
Active medical records are maintained until a student graduates, withdraws or otherwise officially leaves the university at which time those files become inactive. Inactive medical/immunization records are retained for 10 years. Counseling Services and Disability Services records are retained for 5 years.
Complete the Authorization for Disclosure of Protected Health Information Form (pdf - 29.98 KB) to obtain medical, counseling, and disability records other than immunizations and/or titer reports. Requests for information are completed upon receipt within 5-7 working days.
Completed request forms can be mailed or faxed to:
Health and Counseling Services
Division of Student Life
217 Crawford Building
Rock Hill, SC 29733
There may be a charge for obtaining copies of clinical records and other documents. Charges will not exceed amounts authorized by Section 44-115-80 of the South Carolina Codes, The South Carolina Physician's Patient Records Act.
For questions regarding medical/counseling records, please call 803/323-2206.
For questions regarding disability records, please call 803/323-3290 or e-mail.
Fees to Obtain Protected Health Information
- Counseling records sent to mental health care provider for continuity of care - no charge
- Immunization records one time - no charge (Please allow 24-48 hours during normal working days)
- Medical and counseling records sent to attorney and/or insurance company - $15.00 search and handling fee, plus $.65 per page for first 30 pages and $.50 per page over the first 30.
- Medical and counseling records sent to student - $10.00 search and handling fee
- Medical records sent to health care provider for continuity of care - no charge