Distance Learning Proctoring
The Testing Program staff proctors exams for courses taken at other colleges, universities and entities. These exams may be administered via pencil-paper, computer or other sources.
- All exams are by appointment only.
- Make arrangements in advance. This allows the candidate and home institution sufficient time to supply our office with necessary paperwork and materials.
Candidates Requesting Accommodations
- Candidates requesting accommodations should contact the Coordinator for Testing Program as soon as possible to discuss their request prior to scheduling any test.
- Special technology is available for those candidates with documented disabilities requiring accommodations.
- Accommodations must be approved and submitted by the originating university or institution to our office for review to insure we can meet the accommodations requested before test is scheduled.
Registration and Fees
Currently, we offer distance learning examinations Monday-Friday year-round by appointment as long as our department is open and space is available. Registration is required. To begin the registration process, instruct your home institution to contact the Coordinator for Testing Program with necessary information and forms. Once all necessary information is received, testing candidate may schedule the test. The allowed test time must fit within our hours of operation.
Fees are based on the amount of time your professor or test center allows, not on the amount of time you actually take to complete your test. Fees for this service may be paid via check or money order payable to Winthrop University. The fee is due at the time the exam is scheduled. All test fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Any return postage and mailing supplies are the responsibility of the candidate or home institution. Winthrop University is not responsible for any mailing fees.
|Up to two hours
|Over 4 hours
|A semester pass can be purchased for $80.00. This pass allows unlimited test proctoring during the semester in which the pass was purchased. Passes can only be used for one semester.
On Test Day
Please arrive ten minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment time, you will not be allowed to take the exam and you will forfeit any fees.
- You may reschedule your appointment upon payment of additional fees.
Bring two forms of current, photo identification.
Because temperatures vary in the testing rooms, you may want to dress in layers.