Order of Omega
The National Order of Omega was founded to recognize individuals in the Greek community for their service to the fraternity system and the University. The purpose is to recognize
those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities. New
members are selected semi-annually through an application process. The number of students selected to membership in any one given year shall not exceed 3% of the total number of full-time Greek undergraduate students.
To RECOGNIZE those fraternity men and women who have attained a high standard of leadership in interfraternity activities, to ENCOURAGE them to continue along this line, and to INSPIRE others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment;
To UNITE outstanding fraternity men and women to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate fraternity affairs;
To BRING TOGETHER members of the faculty, alumni, and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding and helpfulness;
To help CREATE an atmosphere where ideas and issues can be discussed openly across Greek lines and to help work out solutions.
- President - Adam Mullis
- Vice President - Katherine Steverson
- Treasurer - Taylor Jernigan
- Secretary - Anna Eckenrode
- Must have completed one full year at Winthrop University
- Must have Junior or Senior standing
- Minimum 3.034 Cumulative GPA
- Must be in good standing with national organization and local chapter
- Exemplary character
- Outstanding scholarship
- Outstanding Greek involvement
- Outstanding service to the campus and the community
To apply to be a member in the Order of Omega, download an application and return to the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in 269 DiGiorgio Campus Center.