Donate to an INDS Program
The department offers an exciting array of majors and minors. Your gift to the department will help expand the experiences of students with diverse interests and needs.
Some funds already have been established for specific uses:
- African American Studies Program Fund supports activities and curriculum of the African American Studies Program, including the Dorothy Perry Thompson Colloquium.
- Dorothy Jones Women’s Studies Award supports a small scholarship awarded each semester to outstanding Women’s Studies minor.
- Father David Valtierra Peace Studies Fund supports the Peace Studies Program, including an annual scholarship for a Peace Studies minor and various programming needs.
- Harry and Becca Dalton Environmental Sciences and Studies Endowment funds the Environmental Program as a whole, including but not limited to the Dalton Endowed Chair position, faculty and student travel, student research projects, and campus programming.
- Hornsby Lecture Series Fund supports the Master of Liberal Arts Program and brings thought-provoking thinkers and writers to campus to present public lectures on topics of particular significance.
- Interdisciplinary Studies General Fund supports departmental activities of the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies. Uses might include travel for students and faculty to professional conferences, student research projects, and campus programming.
Please consider donating to any of these funds. For additional information regarding the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies, please call 803/323-2368 or 803/323-4944.
For more information about giving to Winthrop University, please call 803/323-2150.