This resource is intended to provide college faculty with a centralized collection of links and documents for reference. This collection is not intended to replace the University Policy Repository. The documents and links included are instead intended to expand on University information with college-specific expectations.
College Administration | Current Faculty | Faculty Governance |Scholarly Activity | Student Intellectual Development | Technology | Winthrop Campus Quick Links
College of Arts & Sciences Course Policies
Consulting and Outside Employment
- College-Level Awards
- College of Arts & Sciences Outstanding Undergraduate Research Mentor Award
- The Ellison Capers Palmer Jr. Professorship was established by an estate gift from Ellison Capers Palmer, Jr., in memory of his mother, Keith Wells '20, and her sisters, Dovie '16, Lucile and Virginia Wells. The Palmer Professorship honors a faculty member for his or her superior skill in teaching, scholarship, high standing among professional colleagues, and general service to the university community. This award recognizes excellence both on campus and within the academic community and provides support for the faculty member’s teaching and research.
- Lynn Harand Outstanding Advisor Award
- Margaret M. Bryant Professor for the English Department
- University-Level Awards (Distinguished Professor, Outstanding Junior Professor, Jane LeRoche Graduate Faculty Award, James Pinckney Kinard and Lee Wicker Kinard Award for Excellence in Teaching, and the Faculty/Student Life Award)
- The Robert and Norma Thompson Scholar award provides financial support for faculty development that increases student engagement and learning. The program provides reassigned time for two classes per year for a faculty member "to work on projects that strengthen the academic, intellectual, and co-curricular life of the university". Full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty members with at least three years of experience at Winthrop are eligible to apply
Roles & Rewards
Tenure and Promotion
Winthrop Campus Quick Links