Registering for Classes
Helpful Hints for Successful Transfer Student Enrollment
- Immediately upon receiving your letter of admission, read the enclosed information for admitted students insert in its entirety.
- If you are seeking a degree, you must meet with an academic advisor before registering for classes. Review the information regarding Orientation to determine which advisement session you wish to attend.
- Register for advisement by responding to correspondence from the student services office for your major or registering for an Orientation session. Visit http://www.winthrop.edu/orientation/default.aspx for access to the online Orientation reservation form.
Before You Register For Classes
Your transfer credit information is available online using the student portal, Wingspan. Transfer credit can be viewed in the Account Summary area of Wingspan. A staff member in the student services office for your major will review your transfer credit with you as part of the advisement process.
- Course offerings for the semester can also be viewed in Wingspan. After logging on, select the Course Section Search to view the courses.
- The immunization section of the Medical Form should be submitted to Health Services before you can register for classes.
- Review your residency status (if applicable) by logging on to http://asap.winthrop.edu/mychecklist/status.aspx.
You can also review the status of receipt of your final transcript by the Office of Admissions.
Change Your Major
Before registering for classes: contact the Office of Admissions. A change of major form is also available online.
After classes begin: contact the student services office for your major for instructions/information on changing your major.