Content Management System
When it is time for a Web site to be converted, the following occurs:
- The web developer meets with the web author (and supervisor if needed) to discuss needs, wants, and next steps.
- The web author preps content for conversion. (Visit the "Author Tips" page.)
- The web developer prepares a mock-up and shares with the customer for approval.
- The web developer codes the template to be used throughout the new CMS site.
- Templates always include: page ID, left side menu, and contact info.
- Templates also may include header photo(s), quick links, and buttons.
- Check out the CMS design elements by clicking on the screen shot below.
- The web developer populates preliminary content for authors (in order to build the menu).
- The web developer sets author permissions and meets with author(s) to train on the new system.
- The web author populates remaining content in a development/test environment.
- CMS site will not be “live” while content is being copied
- FrontPage/Expression site will remain “live” until final step
- Once ALL content is moved from the FrontPage/Expression server to the CMS server, the CMS website will be activated.
- The FrontPage/Expression website is purged/archived and author permissions deactivated.
Click on the graphic above for a larger view.
Last updated: 05/01/12