Web Advertising Options
Campus Events & Activities
University Relations Options
There are times when a department or group might wish to advertise an event or activity via the Winthrop University official Web sites. There are several options for Web advertising:
- Press Release
- Winthrop's Social Networking Sites (SNS)
- Web address: http://www.winthrop.edu/web/sns
- Details: Winthrop has several “official” SNS accounts, but Facebook is by far the most powerful marketing tool of them all. Events of interest to a broad audience are advertised on the university's Facebook account on a regular basis.
- Contact: Please contact the Webmaster for more information.
Note: All submissions will be evaluated to determine appropriateness
of both content and graphic.
There are additional outlets for advertising university events, including:
High priority advertising is available for some university-wide events. Such events typically occur once or twice per year and have printed pieces related to the event (i.e. Homecoming and Preview Day). The University Relations graphic designer may be asked to create a graphic for use in the following locations:
- Winthrop Home Page - spotlight graphic (appears at the bottom left of the university site), news tab (press releases RSS feed), & announcements tab (small graphic accompanying event)
- CMS graphics - buttons and/or banners (appear on key pages throughout the university's CMS site)
Last update: 02/18/11