Originally the Macfeat Nursery School, Macfeat House was constructed in 1939 with an exterior adaptation of a colonial Williamsburg house. In 1960, it was named for Minnie Macfeat, an 1888 Winthrop alumna and graduate of the Montessori School in Rome. Macfeat spearheaded the kindergarten movement in South Carolina and established a kindergarten program at Winthrop in 1899. In 1986 the preschool and kindergarten programs were relocated to Withers/W.T.S. Building. The space then housed the Academic Computing Center until it was converted for use as a reception area for Vivian Moore Carroll Hall and a meeting space in fall 2009.