Winthrop University Home Page
ABOUTADMISSIONS & AIDACADEMICSSTUDENT LIFEATHLETICSGIVING
Menu Header
Crawford Building - 1896
755 Scholars Walk
Crawford Building 1
Crawford BuildingCrawford Building 1

Another distinctive style of architecture is seen in Crawford Building, whose arches, balconies, and circular front porch are reminiscent of Italian Renaissance country homes. Named for Dr. Thomas A. Crawford, an original Board of Trustee member and well-known physician, the building was the last to be completed under the initial campus plan in 1896. Then called the Infirmary, the facility was constructed with convict labor and incorporated modern hospital design. A north wing was added in 1912. 

Campus Map, pdfCampus Map, interactiveDirections to Campus
IN THE HEART OF THE CAROLINAS
© Winthrop University · 701 Oakland Avenue · Rock Hill, SC 29733, USA · 803/323-2211