Community & Visitors Parents & Families Future Students Current Students Alumni & Friends Faculty & Staff
Virtual Tour
Building Tour header photo
Joynes Hall - 1929
1700 Memorial Circle
wireless symbol
Joynes Hall
left arrow
Joynes Hall 2The InnJoynes Hall 1
One of Winthrop's finer examples of the Neo-Georgian architectural style, Joynes was the first building on the north side of campus, setting stylistic precedents for later buildings, including nearby Thurmond. Joynes was used originally as a residence hall for single faculty members. In 1969, it was converted to house foreign students but closed in 1973. At that time, it became Joynes Conference Center for Continuing Education. Its namesake was Dr. Edward S. Joynes, charter member of the Board of Trustees  and one of the guiding forces behind Winthrop's founding in 1886. In 1989, the building was renamed Joynes Hall and served as the Winthrop Conference Center until 2003.

Interesting Features:

  • All-suite accommodations for overnight visitors
  • High-tech presentation room with SMART components
WHAT'S HERE
Printable Campus MapCampus MapDirections to Campus