Abstract Books and Compilations
We are now accepting submissions for Undergraduate Scholarship and Creative Activity 2017 and the Third Annual Showcase of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors (SOURCE)! Read below for more information and a link to the submission site on Digital Commons.
Any Winthrop undergraduate who has engaged in research (i.e., scholarly or creative activity) between Summer 2016 and Spring 2017, or who has presented or performed his/her work at a professional meeting and/or to the campus community during that time is encouraged to submit to Undergraduate Scholarship and Creative Activity 2017, and to consider presenting or performing at the 3rd annual Showcase of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors (SOURCE) on Friday, April 21, 2017. This includes students who have conducted exemplary work in classes with discipline-specific scholarly or creative activities. All submissions must be sponsored by a Winthrop faculty mentor or department chair.
The body of the abstract or description (not counting title, authors, etc.) is limited to a maximum of 250 words and should concisely describe the scholarly or creative project. (See your faculty mentor for help writing the abstract/description.)
The submission form linked below will prompt you to enter the following information:
- Abstract/project title
- Names, CWIDs, e-mail addresses, home towns, and expected graduation dates for all contributing undergraduate student authors
- Names, e-mail addresses, and academic departments for all faculty mentors
- Abstract body (project description), limited to 250 words: Note that we can now accept formatted text (e.g., bold, italics, super- and subscript), as well as symbols.
- Additional information specific to your particular abstract (not all will apply to you), including Honors Thesis Committee members, details of course information, conference presentations, publications, scholarships/grants, and/or awards related to the project
- Information related to presenting or performing your work on campus at SOURCE on Friday, April 21, 2017
We are now accepting submissions for the 2017 book and showcase, continuing through March 1, 2017! The link below will take you to the online submission site on Digital Commons.
Click here to access the submission site in Digital Commons.
On the DC site, click the Submit Work link at left to get started. If you have not used DC before, you will be prompted to create a free account.
The collections in our archives represent countless hours of scholarly and creative activity in which students honed their research, creativity, critical thinking, and writing skills and engaged in learning well beyond the classroom.