The Undergraduate Research Office will soon begin accepting abstracts for the 2015 Undergraduate Scholars' Book of Abstracts and the inaugural Showcase of Undergraduate Research and Creative Endeavors (SOURCE).
Any undergraduate who has engaged in research (i.e., scholarly or creative activity) between Summer 2014 and Spring 2015, or who has presented his/her work at a professional meeting and/or to the campus community during that time is encouraged to submit. We will also be accepting abstracts from students who have conducted exemplary work in classes that have discipline-specific scholarship activities (methods courses, research courses, etc.). All abstracts must be submitted through a Winthrop faculty mentor or Department Chair.
The abstracts are limited to a maximum of 350 words. Please use the 12 point Times New Roman font.
The abstracts are limited to a maximum of 350 words and should include:
- Titles should all be capital letters and bold face type.
- Names of all authors cited for the work presented at a meeting and/or published in a professional journal
- Name and date of meeting and/or journal citation
- Name of undergraduate student(s) and date of graduation from Winthrop
- Name of faculty mentor(s) and his/her department (for honors thesis students include the names of the honors thesis committee members)
The collections of abstracts in our archives represents many hours of scholarly activity in which students further developed their research, critical thinking, and writing skills and engaged in learning well beyond the classroom.