The collections of abstracts in our archives represents many hours of scholarly activity in which students further developed their research, critical thinking, and writing skills and engaged in learning well beyond the classroom.
The call for the 2013-2014 Undergraduate Scholars' Book of Abstracts will be coming soon.
Any undergraduate who has engaged in research (scholarly activity) during the 2013-2014 school year (or preceding summer) or who has presented their work at a professional meeting and/or to the campus community during that time will have an opportunity to submit. We will also be accepting abstracts from students who have conducted exemplary work in classes that have discipline-specific scholarship activities (methods courses, research courses, etc.). All abstracts must be submitted through a faculty member or a Department Chair in the absence of a Winthrop faculty mentor.
The abstracts are limited to a maximum of 350 words. Please use the 12 point Times New Roman font.
The abstracts are limited to a maximum of 350 words and should include:
- Titles should all be capital letters and bold face type.
- Names of all authors cited for the work presented at a meeting and/or published in a professional journal
- Name and date of meeting and/or journal citation
- Name of undergraduate student(s) and date of graduation from Winthrop
- Name of faculty mentor(s) and his/her department (for honors thesis students include the names of the honors thesis committee members)