News & Events
View our most recent newsletter, Undergraduate Research Update, Summer 2016 (pdf - 500 KB)
- Congratulations to Davis Plasko (Mentor: Dr. Jay Hanna), for his Outstanding Presentation in Photocatalysis Award, received at the October 2016 Gulf Coast Undergraduate Research Symposium at Rice University.
- High praise for Winthrop University McNair Scholars: Three of 17 2016 Summer Scholars captured awards at the annual SAEOPP National McNair Research Symposium in June 2016. Another five Scholars were competitively selected to participate in REU programs at other institutions during Summer 2016. Congratulations to all Scholars and their mentors!
- Fifty-eight Winthrop students pursued research in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, mathematics, and geology during the 2016 Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE).
- Ten students from Winthrop and York Tech were interns in the 2016 WISE (Winthrop Initiative for STEM Educators) Program.
- Over 100 Winthrop undergraduates presented research or creative work at conferences during 2015-2016; at least 38 students won awards for their work. Way to go!
- Join our Facebook page and/or follow us on Twitter for updates on conferences, research opportunities, and special events!
Events and Deadlines
- Friday, February 3, 2017, was the deadline to apply for undergraduate research travel funds for travel during the Spring 2017 semester. Please visit the Student Travel Funding page for more information.
- Thursday, February 9, 2017, was the deadline to apply for WISE Scholarships. Please visit the WISE page via the Quick Link at right for more information.