Meeting of the Winthrop University Board of Trustees
Friday, December 13, 2013 Gold Room, DiGiorgio Campus Center Winthrop University Rock Hill, South Carolina 1:00 p.m.
1. Call to Order2. Remembrance in Honor of Mary Jean Martin
3. Approval of Minutes from October 11, 2013.
4. Report of the Executive Committee and Chair of the Board
5. Report of the Committee on Academic Affairs
6. Report of the Committee on Finance
7. Report of the Committee on Student Life
8. Report of the Committee on Institutional Advancement and Development
9. Report of the Chair of Faculty Conference and Faculty Representative to the Board
10. Report of the Chair of Council of Student Leaders and Student Representative to the Board
11. Report from the President
12. Executive Session
13. Old Business
14. New Business
Friday, December 13, 2013 Macfeat House9:00 a.m.
1. Approval of Minutes of the Academic Affairs Committee Meeting of October 11, 20132. Academic Affairs Unit Updates – Alumni and Graduating Student Achievements*• Arts and Sciences• Business Administration• Education• Visual and Performing Arts• University College• Dacus Library and Pettus Archives• Graduate School• Accreditation, Accountability, and Academic Services3. Report from the Faculty Representative to the Board of Trustees*4. Report from the Provost*(* Indicates no supporting materials are included in this mailing)
Friday, December 13, 2013Polly Ford Conference Room, West Center9:00 a.m.
1. Approval of Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting of October 11, 20132. Update on Faculty Conference Budget Disclosure3. Presentation of Financial Statements by External Audit Firm*4. Review of 2013-2014 Annual Budget Report 5. Report from the Internal Auditor*(* Indicates no supporting materials are included in this mailing)
Friday, December 13, 2013Thompson Conference Room9:00 a.m.
1. Approval of Minutes of the Institutional Advancement and Development Committee Meeting of October 11, 2013Division of Enrollment Management2. Recruitment and Admissions ActivitiesDivision of Winthrop University Foundation3. Report from the December 5, 2013 Foundation Board of Directors Meeting4. Report from the Winthrop University Real Estate Foundation5. Community Engagement and ImpactDivision of Institutional Advancement6. Alumni Relations – Homecoming and Presidential Tours7. Development – Campaign and Culture of Engagement8. University Relations – President Comstock’s Visibility
Friday, December 13, 2013Winthrop Coliseum9:00 a.m.
1. Call to order2. Approval of the minutes of the Committee on Student Life meeting of October 11, 2013Intercollegiate Athletics3. Review of Athletics Organizational Structure and Staffing4. Tour of Athletics FacilitiesDivision of Student Life5. Briefing on Student Life’s Organizational and Planning Structures6. Old business7. New businessAdjournment