April 13, 2012 1:00 pm Gold Room, DiGiorgio Campus Center Winthrop University Rock Hill, South Carolina
1. Call to Order 2. Public Comment* 3. Approval of Minutes from February 17-18, 2012. 4. Report of the Executive Committee and Chair of the Board a. Resolution to Honor Mr. W. Brien Lewis for Meritorious Service to Winthrop University b. Resolution to Congratulate Nantong University on the Occasion of its 100th Year c. Naming of the Nomination Committee d. Review of the documents related to the search for the 10th president of Winthrop University e. Naming of the Search and Selection Committee 5. Report of the Committee on Academic Affairs * 6. Report of the Committee on Finance a. Resolution regarding room and board fees for fiscal year 2012-13 b. Resolution to Approve Master Lease for $2,000,000 for Scientific Equipment 7. Report of the Committee on Advancement and Development* 8. Report of the Committee on Student Life* 9. Report from the Chair of Faculty Conference and Faculty Representative to the Board* 10. Report from the Chair of the Council of Student Leaders and Student Representative to the Board* 11. Report from the President* 12. Old Business* 13. New Business* 14. Adjournment *Indicates no supporting materials
Winthrop University Board of Trustees Friday, April 13, 2011 103 Dinkins 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
1. Approval of Minutes, Committee on Academic Affairs Meeting of February 17, 2012 2. Presentation by Dean Gloria Jones, University College 3. Academic Affairs Unit Updates A. AAAS B. Dacus Library C. Arts and Sciences D. Visual and Performing Arts E. Education F. Graduate School G. Business Administration 4. Report from the Vice President
Winthrop University Board of Trustees Friday, April 13, 2012 9:00 – 11:00am Thompson Conference Room, 110 Tillman Hall
1. Approval of Minutes from February 17, 2012 meeting of the Finance Committee 2. Presentation by External Audit Firm* 3. Report on the Cost for the Entity Risk Assessment* 4. Presentation by the Internal Auditor* 5. Discussion of Audit RFP* 6. Resolution to Approve Master Lease for $2,000,000 for Scientific Equipment and Software 7. Resolution on Auxiliary Student Fees 8. Report on Proposal to Increase Macfeat Lab School Tuition for 2012 9. Review of 2011-2012 Allocation Status Report 10. Report on the Status of State Funding* (* Indicates no supporting materials are included)
Committee on Institutional Advancement and Development Friday, April 13, 2012 Macfeat House 9:00 a.m.
1. Call to Order 2. Approval of Minutes of Committee Meeting of February 17, 2012 Division of University Advancement and Enrollment Management 3. Update on Recruitment and Admissions Activities for New Freshmen, Transfer Students, and Niche Populations 4. Progress Report on the Conversion of the Website to the Content Management System 5. Presentation on Specific Marketing Initiatives Division of University Development and Alumni Relations 6. Alumni Relations Update 7. Development Update 8. Foundation Update 9. Old Business 10. New Business Adjournment
Winthrop University Board of Trustees Friday, April 13, 2012 222 DiGiorgio Campus Center 9 AM to 11 AM
1. Call to order 2. Approval of the minutes of the Committee on Student Life meeting of February 17, 2012 Intercollegiate Athletics 3. Fall GPA Reports 4. Big South Membership Update 5. NCAA Update: o Multi-Year Scholarships o Initial Eligibility o Post Season Eligibility Division of Student Life 6. Report on student clubs and organizations 7. Center for Career and Civic Engagement’s coordination with ACAD 101’s service learning project 8. Update on Winthrop’s VISTA members 9. Old Business 10. New Business Adjournment