Program staff will work closely with all students to set goals, determine areas of need, and develop strategies to meet those goals and needs. As such, the program will provide a variety of services designed to help each student succeed at Winthrop, including:
- Personalized Academic Counseling
- Individualized Needs Assessment and Academic Success Plans
- Free Tutorial Services
- Program Computer Lab with Free Printing
- Leadership Council
- Financial Aid Counseling and Referral
- Career Development Services
- Cultural/Educational Events
- College Success Workshops
- TRiO CONNECT, an early two-day Orientation Program
How Do I Receive Services from the TRiO SSS Program?
All students must complete an application form to be considered for the TRiO program. The application deadline is early July, prior to the start of the fall semester. Students will be notified in late July whether they have been accepted or have been placed on a waiting list. Students must attend TRiO CONNECT as part of their acceptance to TRiO. No exceptions will be made.