Visiting Student Information
Welcome to Winthrop University's Summer Session! Visiting (also known as "transient") students are those who are pursuing a degree at another college or university and want to take summer classes at Winthrop to transfer back to their home institution.
Before registering for summer session classes you must submit an application for transient admission.
- Please go to https://apply.winthrop.edu/admissions to create a portal account. After the account has been created, select Start an Application and submit our Non-Degree application via your portal account.
- If the Winthrop course you want to take requires a pre-requisite, an official copy of your transcript must be sent to the Office of Admissions.
- Submit Winthrop's Undergraduate transient permission form or a copy of the permission form from your current college/university.
- For questions about the undergraduate admissions process, call 803/323-2191.
Signing Up for Classes
Upon notification that you have been admitted as a transient student you may register for classes:
1. View course offerings.
2. Read registration procedures.
Before Class Begins - Orientation
This online orientation will help you get familiar with Winthrop University. Welcome to Winthrop and enjoy your summer session!
The Winthrop University Bookstore
Directions to Winthrop
Fee Payment Information
Office of Financial Aid
Health and Counseling Services
International Student Information
Traffic and Parking Regulations
Winthrop University Transcript Request Form (PDF, includes instructions)
Winthrop University Student Handbook (pdf - 1.49 MB)