Steps to Reserve Space on Campus
Step 1: Get Organized
- Your first step to requesting space is planning. You will want to set a tentative date, time and location as well as have alternative times and dates
- Your goal should be to plan far enough in advance and be flexible with your event's timeframe.
- You should also take time to check the University Events Calendar to verify that your event does not conflict with other major university events.
- All space requests require 10-day notice prior to the event for student organizations.
Step 2: Check Dates
- After choosing your desired location, look on the Campus Space Reservation System specific calendar page to see if the space is available.
Step 3: Contact the Facility Coordinator
- Each building has a Space Use Manager assigned to manage all perspective venues with regard to space availability on campus.
- This step is in place to help you double check on the space you are trying to request, and discuss specific guidelines for the facility.
Step 4: Submit Request
Things to remember while you are filling out your space request:
- Make sure you include your organizational or departmental account number.
- Include your correct Winthrop University e-mail address as well as your advisor's e-mail address.
- Include time for set-up and break down.
- Request for Campus Police to unlock and lock doors before and after the event, if applicable.
- A separate request must be completed for multiple dates and spaces.
- Print a copy of your request before it is submitted as well as the form that provides the assigned event number information for your records.
- Requests can only be submitted online.
- If you event is scheduled outside make sure that you have an alternate location in case of inclement weather.
Step 5: Wait for a Response
- The final step is the easiest, just wait.
- Your request for space and activity will be considered by all approving parties
- You will receive an email confirming approval or rejection.
- Do not publicize the event until you receive an emailed confirmation.
- Expect a response usually within a week.
- You may be request to provide additional information in order for approving parties to authorize your request.
- If additional information is not submitted, the request may be denied.
- All applicable request will be reviewed by the Events Approval Committee.
- You may check the status of your requests on the Campus Space Reservation System homepage with the usage of your assigned Event Number.