Are you looking to get involved on campus? Here are a few upcoming events where you can meet several of our student organizations or find ways to get engaged.
- Student Organization Boot Camp
- April 7th 2:30-5:30pm Sign up here
- World Wide Winthrop Day! Come see the table on Campus Green April 8 from 1-3pm
- Reverse Career Fair, April 11, 11am Richardson Ballroom
Apply by February 21st here
Student Organization Training
All new student organizations must attend one of these information sessions in order to re-register or become a student organization for the 2016-2017 academic year. All steps of re-registration must be completed by September 30, 2016. New Organizations chartering for the first time during the academic year have until March 30 to attend. Three sessions have a new student organization leader focus. If you are brand new to a leadership position in a student organization is it highly recommended you attend one of those sessions.
- Tuesday, January 10, 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
- Thursday, February 2, 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
- Tuesday, February 21,11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
- Thursday, March 9, 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
Leadership Skill Builders
These sessions are open to all students and are designed to help your improve your personal leadership and your organization.
- Membership Recruitment January 11 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Event Planing January 18 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Building Relationships January 25 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Marking January 28 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Budgets February 1 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Ethical Leadership February 8 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Event Planing February 15 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Communication February 22 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Conflict Management March 1 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Leave your Legacy March 8 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Budgets March 22 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Social Change March 29 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Officer Transitions April 5 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
- Officer Transitions April 12 5:30 p.m. DIGS 223
Student Allocations Training Dates.
A student organization must attend an allocations training during the academic year they wish to receive funding. Student groups must also have completed organization registration to request funds. Groups can apply in fall for funds for spring semester. Funds are available until gone.
- Tuesday January 10 5:30 p.m. DIGS 114
- Thursday February 9 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
- Thursday March 23 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
- Thursday April 6 11:00 a.m. DIGS 114
In partnership with Alumni Relations, Adult Resource Center and Career and Civic Engagement and DSU the following workshops will be offered Spring Semester. For each session you attend you will receive one entry into being entered to win $25.00 cafe cash.
January 24, 11:00am How to cook a Healthy Low Budget Meal- This will have some free samples.
February 16, 11:00 am How to create a professional resume, DIGS 114
March 8, 5:00 pm DIGS 220 House Hunting
Alumni Morgan Overcash an Allen Tate Realtor will assist you in learning how to read your lease, and building credit to buy a house
March 28, 6:00-8:00 pm, Richardson Ballroom Speed Networking
Speed Networking with students and alumni
April 5, 5:00 pm You're Hired. Now What?
Dr.Melissa Carsten will assist in explaining heath benefits, 401K, 1-9 and health insurance.