Student Allocations Timeline
Not sure when your application for funding is due? Please refer to the table below to make sure you are eligible to receive SAC Funding.
The last day to request funds during Fall 2014 is December 2nd by 4:30pm.
If you are hosting an event before January 30, 2015 you must turn your packet in by December 2nd.
|If my event falls between:
||I will attend SAC Training by:
||I will apply for funds by:
||I will interview by:
|11/22/14 and 12/5/14
||11/4/14 at 4:30 pm
|12/6/14 and 2/14/15
||11/18/14 at 4:30 pm
|2/15/15 and 2/27/15
||1/27/15 at 4:30 pm
|2/28/15 and 3/13/15
||2/10/15 at 4:30 pm
|3/14/15 and 4/10/15
||2/24/15 at 4:30 pm
|4/11/15 and 4/24/15
||3/24/15 at 4:30 pm
|4/25/15 and 8/31/15
||4/7/15 at 4:30 pm
Steps to Receive Funding
If your organization wants to request allocations for an upcoming event, follow these 5 simple steps!
Step 1: Attend SAC Training.
Send a representative to a SAC Training Session to learn more about the allocations process. This is mandatory for all organizations interested in receiving funds. A list of SAC Training dates can be found HERE.
The Power Point from training is available here
Step 2: Refer to SAC Guidelines.
Read over the Funding Guidelines to make sure your event will be eligible for funding. These guidelines will also help in determining how much money your organization may be eligible to receive.
Step 3: Apply for funding based on the timeline above.
Fill out the Allocations Request Packet that fits your event.
On Campus Program Request (pdf-234 KB)
Travel Request (pdf-1151 KB)
- Event Worksheet (Pg. 1)
- Get actual estimates for the programs and events you are going to request money for.
- Get any relevant background materials for each event you are requesting money for. Any supporting documentation for each event that will help the committee to understand the event and its purpose.
- Budget Information Sheet (Pg. 2)
- Make an organizational Budget, including where your organization receives additional funding.
- Event Justification Worksheet (Pg. 3)
- Be sure to make the descriptions as clear and detailed as possible. If completed properly an interview may not be necessary
Here are some examples of completed packets to look over:
Once you have finished your application, bring it to DIGS 269 before the application deadline in the timeline above.
Step 4: Prepare for the interview.
Prepare to go to the Interview before the Student Allocations Committee. You should be prepared to answer questions about any of the following:
- Detailed questions about estimates on the Event worksheet.
- Your organization's complete Budget (including dues, fundraisers, and any other sources of income)
- Detailed questions about each event and whom the event will benefit.
- Why SAC should fund your request.
Step 5: Interview for SAC Funding.
Your organization will receive an invitation from the SAC Administrator to attend an upcoming SAC Interview. Make sure you show up to the your scheduled SAC Interview prepared and on time. The person that attends this meeting for your organization should be prepared to answer any questions that SAC may ask.
Step 6: If awarded funding.
Make an appointment with Pam Varasso at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to discuss how to access your allocated funds.
Step 7: If awarded funds for travel.
Fill out a Travel Authorization with Student Activities before you travel. If a travel authorization is not received you will not be able to use your funds. After the conference fill out and return the post-travel form. If seeking reimbursement for travel expenses, the reimbursement will not be processed until a completed post travel form is received.