The Student Allocations Committee has allocated all its funds for the 2012-2013 academic year. There will be no more interviews conducted this semester. Please begin planning for requests you may have for the 2013-2014 academic year.
If your organization wants to request allocations for an upcoming event, follow these 5 simple steps!
Step 1 (Attend SAC Training.)
Send a representative to a SAC Training Session to learn more about the allocations process. This is mandatory for all organizations interested in receiving funds.
Step 2 (Refer to SAC Guidelines.)
Read over the Committee Guidelines to make sure your event will be eligible for funding. These guidelines will also help in determining how much money your organization may be eligible to receive.
Step 3 (Fill out the Request Packet.)
Fill out the SAC Allocations Request Packet.
Here are some examples of completed packets to look over:
Event Worksheet (Pg. 1)
- Get actual estimates for the programs and events you are going to request money for.
- Get any relevant background materials for each event you are requesting money for. Any supporting documentation for each event that will help the committee to understand the event and its purpose.
Budget Information Sheet (Pg. 2)
- Make an organizational Budget, including where your organization receives additional funding.
Event Justification Worksheet (Pg. 3)
- Be sure to make the descriptions as clear and detailed as possible. If completed properly an interview may not be necessary
Once it is complete, turn in the request packet to the Office of Student Activities in DiGiorgio Campus Center 269 no later than 4:30pm on the Tuesday before the SAC Interview Date.
Step 4 (Prepare for the interview.)
Prepare to go to the Interview before the Student Allocations Committee. You should be prepared to answer questions about any of the following:
- Detailed questions about estimates on the Event worksheet.
- Your organization's complete Budget (including dues, fundraisers, and any other sources of income)
- Detailed questions about each event and whom the event will benefit.
- Why SAC should fund your request.
Step 5 (Interview for SAC Funding)
Your organization will receive an invitation from the SAC Administrator to attend an upcoming SAC Interview. Make sure you show up to the your scheduled SAC Interview prepared and on time. The person that attends this meeting for your organization should be prepared to answer any questions that SAC may ask.