Student Organizations and Leadership Graduate Associateship
General Job Summary:
The position of Graduate Associate for Student Organizations and Leadership is designed to help create and facilitate a thriving out-of-class learning environment. The position helps advise student groups and coordinates student organizations’ records. This position also assists with the support and development of university events and leadership opportunities for Winthrop’s students within their co-curricular activities.
- Assist in designing and implementing major leadership initiatives
- Facilitate workshops on core topics for student organizations
- Assist in the planning and implementation of required educational programs for student organizations
Maintain and update Student Organization records
- Maintain and update Online Handbook for student organizations and advisors
- Maintain a Microsoft Access database of the organizations’ contact information
- Maintain the student organizations’ web information
- Maintain charter applications and documentation related to student groups
Support major university programming initiatives
- Assist in coordinating the annual Convocation picnic and Student Involvement Fairs
- Promote student organizations and leadership initiatives at Preview Days and Worldwide Winthrop Day
Manage Student Organizations resource room
- Maintain list of mailboxes and storage lockers used by student organizations
- Track supply needs for student organizations resource room
- Maintain reservation system for Student Organizations conference room (204)
- General office duties – answering phones, running errands and assisting office staff when needed
- Trained on university switchboard and Information Services procedures.
Candidates must have an understanding and appreciation of the importance of student involvement and leadership on a college campus. This position requires excellent organizational skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally. Candidates should also be skilled at presenting information. The ideal candidate must be a team player, have initiative, and be able to multitask. A good sense of humor is helpful. Candidates should also be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have an ability to do basic web design.
The Graduate Associate for Student Organizations and Leadership works approximately 20 hours a week. There are nights and weekends involved depending on scheduled events. This position does require the ability to work a flexible schedule.
The Graduate Associate for Student Organizations and Leadership is under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of Student Activities and Leadership with the Department of Student Affairs and the Division of Student Life.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants need to submit a résumé, cover letter, and list of references to Alex Miller.