DiGiorgio Campus Center Facilities Graduate Associate
Assist with the planning and provision of operational support for all events, meetings, and programs hosted in the DiGiorgio Campus Center. This includes the scheduling and supervision of student employees and expertise in the operation of audio-visual equipment. Work cooperatively with all DiGiorgio Campus Center staff to meet the needs of building users.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Operations and the Technical Services Coordinator and Night Manager in coordinating effective delivery of services.
- Be trained in the DiGiorgio Campus Center’s audio-visual systems.
- Manage selected events; events may include evenings and/or weekends and could be directly in operations, or in other areas of the Campus Center, such as A/V.
- Assist the Assistant Director for Operations with the supervision of student staff including:
- participation in regular meetings of the student staff;
- updating and continuing to develop training manuals and materials;
- monitoring audio-visual and room set-ups to ensure exemplary customer service;
- coordinating Information Services Specialist and Support Crew scheduling;
- assisting with student staff evaluations.
- Be familiar with the space reservation calendar to understand all the events planned for the Campus Center and to know if any extra student staffing is needed for event management or changing set ups before or after events.
- Keeping the Information Services Desk supplied with equipment logs and report forms.
- Communicate with event planning regarding client needs and follow up on post event problems as needed.
- Notify supervisor of any issues involving maintenance, housekeeping, building users, student employees, equipment, or other facility operations concerns.
- Assist with assessment efforts.
- Attend regularly scheduled weekly meetings with supervisor.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Assistant Director for Operations, the Director of the DiGiorgio Campus Center, and/or other departmental supervisors.
- Experience as a supervisor of other workers
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Competence in operating audio-visual equipment
- Experience working effectively in a fast-paced environment requiring exceptional customer service
Graduate Student Outcomes:
- Experience training, scheduling, and supervising employees
- Experience in facility operations and event management
- Position requires 20 hours per week to be arranged with supervisor
- Evening and weekend work is an aspect of this position
- Lifting and moving of equipment, tables, chairs, etc
- Position is part of the Division of Student Life and as such will include other duties necessary to ensure the success of major events sponsored by the Division, including Homecoming, Welcome Week, Orientation, Preview Day, Winthrop Day, etc.
Assistant Director of the DiGiorgio Campus Center for Operations
269 DiGiorgio Campus Center
Rock Hill, SC 29733