Resources List (PDF Version)
-Office of Diversity &
Student Engagement - Offers
many different types of Publications from the HRC guides, PFLAG fliers, and
many more. Located at 216 DiGiorgio Center.
-Multicultural Resource Center – Resources available in
the MRC – 247 DiGiorgio Center
-Time Out Youth -2320 North Davidson St. Charlotte,
NC 28205 Support group for LGBT youth ages 11-20. Weekly meetings
Monday-Friday, times vary. Contact:704/344-8335
- Winthrop University GLoBAL – Student
organization for LGBTQ students and allies. Meetings are every Wednesday
starting at 8pm.
Return to Top
- RAIN (Regional AIDS Interfaith Network - Provides care teams to serve people living with HIV/AIDS.
-CyberBullying Winthrop University takes any form of bullying seriously. If you have a concern, please contact the Dean of Students Office to have a confidential discussion.
- COLAGE (Children of Lesbian and Gays Everywhere) - A national and international organization that supports young people with LGBT parents.
- GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network) - Has many great resources on the queer community.
- The Human Rights Campaign
- National Consortium of Directors of LGBT Resources in Higher Education - Provides information on resources and a database of campuses across the country with GSA's and Safe Zone projects.
- PFLAG (Parents and friends of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgendered Persons) - A national resource for parents and families.
- Creating a Welcoming Campus & Community - New college guide for LGBTQ students
- Campus Pride – A Charlotte based national organization for LGBTQ college students
- 10 Reasons Why God Loves Gay Christians http://time.com/2842044/gay-christians/
- The Best Case for the Bible Not Condemning Homosexuality http://www.patheos.com/blogs/johnshore/2012/04/the-best-case-for-the-bible-not-condemning-homosexuality/
- Gay and Christian? http://brianmclaren.net/archives/blog/gay-and-christian.html
- Q-Notes - Bi-weekly newspaper.
- Gays Aren’t in Conflict with Christianity- NY Times
- Changing Our Mind - David Gushee A great book for those who are coming out to give to their parents and family who may be having trouble accepting them.
- God and the Gay Christian - Matthew Vines This book is more of a theological point of view but has some poignantly persuasive and empowering parts as well.
- Torn - Justin Lee Addresses the visceral, emotional experience of coming out in a Christian community.
- Does Jesus Really Love Me? - Jeff Chu Some may be initially turned off by the title, but it answers to the experience of being rejected by some religious communities and keeping your faith in God.
- Brokenhearted Bahá’is: LGBTs Rejected by Their Faith
- Buddhism and LGBT
- Gay Christian Network - https://www.gaychristian.net/
- LGBTI Support for Muslims - http://www.imaan.org.uk/
· Advent Lutheran
Contact: 8840 University City Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28213 704/549-1555
· The Episcopal Church of our Saviour
Contact: 144 Caldwell St. Rock Hill, SC 29730 803/327-1131
· First United Methodist
Contact: 501 North Tryon St. Charlotte, NC 28202 704/333-9081
· Holy Covenant United Church
Contact: 3501 West W T Harris Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28269 704/599-9810
· Holy Trinity Lutheran
Contact: 1900 The Plaza Charlotte, NC 28205 704/377-5439
· Metropolitan Community Church of Charlotte
Contact: 7121 Orr Road Charlotte, NC 28213 704/334/7232
· Myers Park Baptist
Contact: 1900 Queens Rd. Charlotte, NC 28207 704/334-7232
· New Life Metropolitan
Contact: 1900 The Plaza Charlotte, NC 28205 704/334-0350
· Seigle Avenue Presbyterian
Contact: 832 Seigle Ave. Charlotte, NC 28204 704/338-1914
· St. Anne's Catholic
Contact: 1694 Bird St. Rock Hill, SC 29730 803/329-2662
· St. Luke's Lutheran
Contact: 3200 Park Rd. Charlotte, NC 28220 704/523-7981
· St. Peter's Catholic
Contact: 507 South Tryon St. Charlotte, NC 28202
· Unitarian Universalist
Contact: 234 N Sharon Amity Rd. Charlotte, NC 28211 704/366-8623
· Temple Beth EL
Contact: 5101 Providence Rd. Charlotte, NC 28270 704/366-1948
· American Institute of Bisexuality
· BiNet USA
· Bisexual Resource Center
· National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR)
· Immigration Equality
· National Gay and Lesbian Task Force Foundation
· Transgender Law and Policy Institute
· Gender Diversity
· Gender Spectrum
· Gender Justice League
· Bathroom Policy FAQ
Youth and Education-The Trevor Project
Catawba Care Coalition -
Resources for people living with HIV or AIDS, also offers free HIV testing.
500 Lakeshore Parkway
Rock Hill, SC 29730