The Department of Residence Life, is dedicated to supporting and encouraging the personal development and academic success of each student in our residential community through purposeful programs and services that complement the total educational experience at Winthrop University.
The Department of Residence Life is committed to:
- Establishing academic success communities that create and extend student learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Fostering a residential community that values civility, integrity, an appreciation of differences and excellence.
- Assessing and enhancing services that address the continuously changing needs of the residential environment.
- Providing a professionally trained customer service oriented staff emphasizing student development theory.
- Maintaining partnerships with campus colleagues that ensure the quality of residential living.