The Courtyard at Winthrop
The Courtyard at Winthrop is an apartment-style 400-bed residence hall. Ths residence hall includes meeting space for residents and study areas. Safety and security is enhanced by a card access system and emergency call boxes in the parking lots.
Housing upperclassmen, the Courtyard at Winthrop offers two and four private bedroom suites. Each deluxe apartment includes one or two bathrooms, a common area, washer/dryer, and a break area. Each bedroom is furnished with a twin bed, desk and chair, dresser, closet, cable TV jack, and high-speed Internet port. The common area is fully furnished and has a cable outlet as well. The break area includes a refrigerator, microwave, sink with garbage disposal, and dishwasher. Residents of The Courtyard at Winthrop must purchase a meal plan and have the option of a year-round lease. Click here to view meal plans and rates.
Come to the Residence Life office in 237 DiGiorgio Campus Center to get an application. A non-refundable $25 application fee (cash or check) is needed to apply.
>>Courtyard Lease 2012-13
>>Coutyard Rules and Regulations
- Open year round, summer leases available, regardless of whether you choose to take summer courses.
- The fun of community and the comfort of privacy..the best of both worlds.
- Safety features include: card access system (including gated parking lot), fire sprinkler system, and emergency call boxes in parking areas.
- Accessible facilities available for students with disabilities
- Flexible meal plan choices.
- A student staff trained by Winthrop University's Residence Life Office is on hand to answer questions and act a resources when you need them. They are committed to developing a positive community and fostering an atmosphere conductive to your academic success.
- Residents will enjoy the beautifully landscaped courtyard complete with an outdoor dining area.
- Conveniently located near the center of campus
- Fully furnished with solid maple furniture including an entertainment center
- Private bedrooms
- Cable and high speed internet connections in every bedroom
- Cable connection in living room
- Free movie channel - Eagle Cinema on Channel 20
- Break areas with microwave, full size refridgerator (with ice maker), sink with disposal and dishwasher
- Large capacity washer and dryer (no extra charge)
- Full length mirror in every bedroom
- Suite controlled thermostats and all utilities included
- Reserved parking is available
Residential Learning Coordinator: Emily Tobin
Hall Office Number: (803) 323-1421