Climbing Wall Attendant
PURPOSE: To assist the Associate Director of the West Center with the supervision and upkeep of the climbing wall.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of the West Center for Operations
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be a currently enrolled Winthrop University student; College Work Study Program; Basic understanding of climbing wall safety; Interpersonal skills required; Must be able to work independently; Belay (Lead and top-rope (gri-gri and atc)) certification preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide supervision for the climbing wall. Enforce safety standards and supervise the safe climbing practices at the climbing wall.
• Responsible for check in and check out of climbing equipment
• Assist with climbing wall orientation and belay and safety clinics
• Promote correct form, technique and safety standards.
• Responsible for cleaning equipment and wall.
• Promote and enforce climbing wall policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: $7.25 per hour
DEADLINE: Positions filled