Search Timetable: A Likely Timeline for Search Process
Tentative Timetable for Selection of the Tenth President of Winthrop University
April 13, 2012: Board of Trustees (BOT) will authorize search process, name a Search and Screening Committee (SSC,) and establish means of communicating to and with key constituent groups, as well as the general public, about the status of the search.
• April/May: SSC will have organizational meeting, review their charge, adopt operating and confidentiality guidelines, review applications from search consultants, etc.
June 8, 2012: BOT will consider recommendation for search consultant to work with SSC.
• June/July/August: SSC and consultant establish priorities and qualities of desired candidates with consultants and place vacancy announcements in national trade publications.
• September/October/November: SSC and consultant recruit candidates and review applications and nominations on a rolling basis. Unqualified candidates will be notified; top tier candidates are identified.
• November/December: Pool of 10 semi-finalists is identified and references initially checked. Interviews are conducted by SSC.
• SSC and consultants continue screening, then announce finalist candidates, who are invited to Rock Hill for meetings with various campus groups and public groups.
• Candidate visits are scheduled; SSC and consultant host finalists on campus.
• Following review of input from various groups, SSC prepares an unranked list of finalists they believe to be qualified to be the tenth president of Winthrop University.
• Board of Trustees receives recommendations and all related information from SSC and consultant.
• Preferred candidate is chosen and a contract is negotiated with preferred candidate.
• BOT announces tenth president of Winthrop University.
• Tenth President of Winthrop University takes office.